Dahabshops.com appreciates the importance of having a website that is easily viewed and used by all, regardless of any disability. Below you will find the measures we have taken to ensure all our customers have an excellent experience.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback regarding the accessibility of this site or if you experience any difficulty using it.
Dahabshops.com has been designed with accessibility in mind. Some of the general features include:
- The use of clear, simple language which is easy to understand.
- The use of common web conventions.
- Avoiding the use of blinking or flickering elements.
- The use of validated HTML and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- The pages on our selling website conform at a minimum to level A compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and endorsed.
- All pages validate as XHTML 1 Transitional and use structured semantic markup. The CSS also validates.
Headings & Navigation Menus
- HTML heading tags are used to convey document structure. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles, and so on.
- Navigation menus are marked up as HTML lists. This ensures that the number of links in the list is read out at the start and it can be skipped easily.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive alt attributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty alt attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.
- Where appropriate, links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, for example to advise you if the link will open in a new window.